Blended Family? We Can Help You Protect Your Assets For The Right People
If you’re married and you or your spouse have children of a prior marriage, you have a complex situation that can result in disaster without proper planning.
Our lawyers at The Law Firm of Kavesh, Minor & Otis, Inc., are recognized in Southern California as a leading authority on estate planning for complex family arrangements. For the joyous occasion of joining two families, we can help you update an existing plan or create a new plan, such as a Living Trust, to ensure you are able to leave the right assets to the right people at the right time – and maintain family harmony.
“We wish to extend our gratitude for assisting us with our Estate Planning. Seeing that our Living Trust had to be amended and updated, the procedures accomplished were effectively done so that we could take full advantage of the benefits of our estate plan.” – Karen K.
Things To Think About
There is a lot to think about when it comes to a blended family, no matter what age your children are. It’ll be necessary to establish or update your estate plan to address:
- Who will be the guardians for any minor children? Will your children continue to live together if both you and your spouse pass away?
- Do you want your new spouse and/or your stepchildren to receive any of your assets, or do you want to leave everything to your biological children and other loved ones or achieve some other combination?
- Do you worry that one of your new stepchildren or your new spouse will squander your estate through reckless spending, lawsuits or creditors?
- Will you and your new spouse’s combined assets make paying estate taxes more likely?
- How will you pay for your long-term care, and how will that impact your children’s inheritance?
- Do you want to avoid potential conflicts between two sets of children or between your spouse and your children of a prior marriage?
There is often much more work involved than just updating a will or trust. At our free seminars, we help you to start thinking through all of these important details to make sure that you are as informed as possible when you work with one of our attorneys to create a proper estate plan.
Learn More By Contacting Us Today
We invite you to sign up for a free seminar or call to schedule a consultation, where we can get you on the path to gaining the peace of mind you deserve. Call us today at 866-402-1805 to get started. We have offices in Torrance, Orange, Newport Beach, Pasadena and Woodland Hills.