Dual incomes and no children does not rule out estate planning.

Couples sometimes referred to as “Dual-income no children” or “DINKs” for short, often believe they do not need to do any estate planning. However, they are wrong, according to Wealth Management in “DINKs Need Estate Planning Too.”

Couples, where both spouses have incomes and no children, still need to determine what will happen to their assets after they pass away. Without an estate plan, the assets of the first spouse who passes away, will typically go to the surviving spouse. However, what will happen to the assets after the second spouse passes?

That is not clear.

Nor is it clear what would happen if both spouses pass away in the same accident.

Couples without children might want to set up charitable trusts. They might want to make sure certain that other family members receive an inheritance from them (or do not receive an inheritance from them).

Then again, such couples might want to do something completely out of the ordinary. The specifics of what it is wanted do not matter, since they will not happen without an estate plan.

An estate planning attorney can guide you through creating an estate plan that meets your unique circumstances, with or without children.

Do You Need To Speak With An Attorney About Estate Planning?

If you need to speak with an experienced estate planning lawyer please contact us online or call us directly at 800.756.5596 to first register for one of our free, informative seminars. Your attendance will qualify you for a special discount for our estate planning services should you decide to make a free appointment at the conclusion of the seminar and choose to proceed with us. We proudly serve clients throughout California with offices in Torrance, Newport Beach, Orange, Woodland Hills and Pasadena.

Philip J. Kavesh
Nationally recognized attorney helping clients with customized estate planning guidance for over 40 years.
Post A Comment