If You Move Out Of State

Moving out of state will require, at the very least, a consultation with a licensed and qualified estate planning attorney that practices in the state you now reside. Laws vary from state-to-state, including how property is treated between married couples (community versus separate property), the Probate Court process, estate taxes, asset protection rules, and more. An attorney will be able to review your estate plan and make sure that it is updated for any applicable changes and necessary planning for your new state. And, again, you should reach out to the estate planning attorney or law firm that prepared your Living Trust and notify them of your move so that they may appropriately update their records. They may also be able to advise you as to what steps to take and even refer you to an attorney in your new area.

If You Just Moved to Los Angeles or Orange County

If you just moved to the Los Angeles or Orange County areas of Los Angeles and have a Living Trust that you had drafted in another state or from another attorney, it may be important to have your Living Trust reviewed to make sure that it is up-to-date. We invite you to attend one of our upcoming free Living Trust Seminars to learn more about the Law Firm of Kavesh, Minor & Otis, who has been servicing the estate planning needs of thousands of residents in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas of Southern California. At the conclusion of the seminar, all attendees will be offered a free consultation to come in and meet with an attorney. You can register to attend one of our seminars online or contact our main office at 1-800-756-5596. If you are unable to attend an upcoming seminar, please feel free to join our e-mail list and we will be sure to e-mail you of future seminar dates.

Philip J. Kavesh
Nationally recognized attorney helping clients with customized estate planning guidance for over 40 years.
Post A Comment